Hot Air Balloons
Hot Air Balloons are a unique and very different way to see the red rocks of Sedona. It will be an experience you will never forget. Sheri Sperry presents many options below to make your Sedona experience feel like home. Most tourist locations can’t offer this unique perspective of the surrounding area for a number of reasons. But Sedona has all the unique ingredients to make this a trip you will never forget! You will get Red Rocks Fever! Sheri has a cure for that as well. See Sedona real estate solutions here.
Do you see the 4th Hot Air Balloon?
Looking into Boynton Canyon from Sedona Airport
ReMAX Sedona and Safeway Shopping Center -Heart of West Sedona in foreground
L to R – Chimney Rock (far left) – Capital Butte (highest peak) – Thunder Mountain (2nd highest pk)
far right –> CoffeePot Rock (looks like an old percolator coffeepot!)
Looking into Soldiers Pass
See More Pictures At RedRocksFever.com
*Find Sedona Hot Air Balloon Tour Companies Below
Things to know about Sedona Hot Air Ballooning
- How Long is a ride? – Typical flight time is 1 to 1.5 hours depending on weather. Total time approx. 4 hours – Get a good night sleep. Tour company could pick you up as early as 4:00 am depending on sunrise time. A chase car follows the balloon.
- What about weather? – Ask your tour company about weather conditions. Generally tours plan to operate every day of the year.
- How should I dress? – Dress for comfort on the ground. Light layers – you get some radiant heat from the burners – Wear hiking boots or closed toe athletic shoes. Sunrise take offs are chilly! On a rare occasion you may have a short hike out.
- How safe is ballooning? – Investigate safety record. Generally most people who fear heights are surprised. No sense of movement because the ballon travels with the wind. Ask tour operators more personalized answers for your individual concerns. The views are spectacular and in a few minutes you forget about any concerns you might have. Pilots have complete control of vertical movement.
- What should I bring? – Make sure your bring your camera or video equipment in a soft bag to protect it and others from impact upon landing.
- How much does a balloon ride cost? – Check the websites above for pricing. Some companies are located closer to Cottonwood and pricing may be less because the launch site is further away. Also cost may vary based on what is offered. Some tours may include a Champagne toast or light fare upon landing. There also may be package deals that can change but may be of interest. So, ask if there are different packages.
ONE STOP SHOPPING! – Find out everything you need to know about Sedona and the Verde Valley @
*SellSedona.com is not affiliated nor recommends any particular company. All information presented within this blog is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.